Bin men going on strike and how it has affected people and their households- written interview with neighbours and photo of full bins on the streets, (been out since 27/10). Hallam FM (Screenshot of comments- thoughts of public; some agree some disagree) Written piece.
After Dark- photo of fireworks, interview friends and family thoughts on the display. Written piece
Car meet 27th Nov. Multimedia package( video interview, incl. cars. Still pic. Written article.)
Asking family and friends what their thoughts on social media is, what they use and what they use it for, what do they think about how social media is affecting lives- link to latest news about social media such as snapchat, fb and ig.
Tents and homeless at park hill- media package or article
Review of makeup (done- needs pics)
After Dark is a firework display which is organized every year at Don Valley in Sheffield. The event starts at 6, with rides, food and music for the audience to enjoy until the 9pm display. I interviewed family and friends on their thoughts of the whole event and display. Here are some questions:
Interview questions for After Dark:
- What do you think of the entertainment?
- What did you think of the firework display?
- What was the best part of the event?
- How organised was the event?
- Who did you bring with you?
- What do you think of the prices?
- There is always a parking issue at Don Valley when After Dark is on. How do you think they should resolve this?
Interview questions for MSSUK:
- What made you want to modify your car?
- What do you do at a car meet?
- What is the best part of a car meet?
- Do you enjoy looking at other modified cars and why?
- What do you enjoy about cars?
- How did you get into cars?
- When did you first start modifying your car?
- How much money have you spent on your car so far?
The Sheffield City Council has let down their city with the bin men going on strike with a population of 563,749 according to the latest figures from 2014, https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/sheffield-profile/population-and-health.html. However, there were mixed opinions on this situation. Some public supported the strike and some disagreed. I have interviewed citizens of Sheffield in the Woodhouse area to see how the strike of bin men which lasted two weeks has affected daily life.
Interview questions for Bin Men Strike:
The comments on Hallam FM’s Facebook page are a mixture of emotions coming from the Sheffield citizens.
- How has the bin men strike affected your household?
- Did you come across any problems due to the bins not being collected?
- What is your opinion on the bin men going on strike? Are they right for doing so?
- Did you take any actions when you noticed the bins hadn’t been emptied? If so, what did you do?
Interview questions for family and friends: social media: (President of US, Obama asked her daughter, Sasha to explain the photo/video sharing app Snapchat. It was then Barrack Obama noticed Sasha recording him and his wife Michelle Obama and sending it to her friends with the caption “This is my dad lecturing us on the meaning of social media.”
- What are your thoughts on social media?
- What social media sites do you use?
- Which is your favourite and “can’t live without” app?
- How many social media sites do you have?
- How do you think social media is affecting lives?
- What do you think a world without social media would be like?
Tents at Park Hill:
A tent camp has been set up on South Street outside the Park Hill flats week commencing Mon 17 Oct.
The tents are still out and the homeless are still living in them.
“There are currently 13 tents and 17 people staying at the camp where tents, food, water and basic amenities are given out to Sheffield’s rough sleepers.” The Star.
People are slowly getting rehoused. Here are some questions I asked:
- What is Tent City?
- How did you find this place?
- How are you living at the moment?
- How were you living before?
- Are you happy with your shelter?
- How long have you been here and how long have you been homeless?
- Who helped you and why?
Power of Social Media (finds stolen puppy) written interview and photo of pup.
- What happened?
- What did you do as soon as you had noticed Koba had been stolen?
- What was the post on social media that got you the attention you wanted to find Koba?
- What do you think of social media?
- Do you think you would have been able to find Koba without the use of social media?
- How did you feel when you found out your puppy had gone? How do you feel now?