My Choice of Topic and Title
- Like the idea of how it is like a blog but in an article
- A lot of girls will be interested in the makeup topic
- Free advice of makeup tips and steps
My Use of Language
- Laid back
- Talking direct to the audience
- Informal- easier to understand
My Use of Colour
- Kept white, minimalistic
- Simple but effective
My Use of Fonts
- Could experiment with colours
- Matches the subject quite well
- Doesn’t look cluttered
- Same size
- Arranged well
- Good for the step by step
- Contrast well, the colours
- Set out well
- Not too many, just enough images
The Overall Appeal of My Article
- Text and images all fit in nicely
- Gives good advice for makeup
- Helps discover new makeup looks
- The images used draw your attention to make you want to read it
What are the Main Strengths?
- Picked a very popular subject
- Targeted at a mass audience (with YouTube and blogs, social media etc.)
- The images really draw the audience in
What Can I Improve On?
- Bring a bit more colour in, background etc.
My Improvements and Semiotic Analysis of My Double Page Article
I think adding a dark red sparkly background matches the Christmas/NYE times theme and also matches the lipstick worn in the image. The red colour used in my double page spread also represents passion. Passion for makeup. I have also changed the colour of text to make sure it is easy to read on the now red background.
Here, I have added the headline and curved borders around 2 images with a black background to make them stand out. I have also made the “steps” fonts larger and changed the whole fonts to bold so it is easier to read.