Hi everyone! As it is coming towards New Year I thought I would create my own NYE makeup look and go into 2016 looking GLAM. This NYE look is kind of like an evening makeup look but more sparkly so you can shine throughout the night.
I have prepared my skin by exfoliating and moisturising from before with the No7 Beautiful Skin Radiance Exfoliator and No7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream. Now on to applying the makeup…
After moisturising my face I apply No7 Instant Illusions Rapid Radiance Balm to my cheek bones which highlight beneath the foundation and makes the powder highlight stand out much more.
I do my eyebrows before everything and to do them I used Maybelline Brow Satin in medium brown. Obviously aiming for the darker tail of the brow and lighter towards the front for a natural look. I then line under and above my eyebrows with No7 Match Made Concealer Cool Vanilla to tidy up any pencil markings out of place.
Onto the eyes! For the New Years Eve make up look I have chosen colours that stand out and shine. Firstly, the base. I used my L’oreal Infallible 24 Hour Matte Powder to create a matte base for my eyeshadow. I then used the colour Thirteen for the lid from my Naked Smoky Eyeshadow Palette. On top of this colour I used Half Baked from the original Naked Palette again on the lids. For the crease, I used a darker colour of Hustle from the original Naked Palette mixed with the colour Smolder from the Naked Smoky Palette to achieve the dark, intense look I wanted to go for. For the arch of the brow, I use a very light shade of eyeshadow to highlight. I used the lightest colour on the Wet N Wild The Naked Truth Palette labelled ‘Browbone’. I then blend the colours used on the brow bone with everything else to smooth it all out.
The part that can either go perfect or completely wrong… You know what I’m on about, eyeliner! I used my Rimmel Glam Eyes Liquid Eyeliner to create a slightly thick yet thin enough to see the golden tone of Half Baked on the eyelid. To complete the eyes, I add my Demi Wispies Ardell Lashes using my Duo Eyelash Adhesive. You can use a pair of tweezers if you find it easier to apply fake eyelashes with.
Moving onto the face. My favourite part! I take my Real Techniques foundation brush and apply my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation all over my face and blend it in my neck because it is a darker shade than my natural skin colour.
To conceal under the eyes I use YSL Anti-Cernes Multi-Action Concealer for the dark circles and to highlight on top I use the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in the colour Porcelain. To set this, I use the L’oreal Infallible 24 Hour Matte Powder again all under the eyes, also my T zone for less shininess.
Finally, on to decorating with blush and highlighter! I use The Balm Bahama Mama Bronzer to contour my cheeks, nose and face. I then use a slightly lighter bronze and peach blush on my cheeks topped with a red shade of Revolution Blush (which by the way is amazing for only £1- don’t miss out!). The last step for the face is highlighting with the Revolution Radiance Highlighter Palette on the cheek bones, forehead, chin and ever so slightly on the bridge of the nose.
Can’t forget the lips. Because it’s NYE, I go for colours I don’t usually wear on a normal day. So I used my Flormar Burgundy Lipliner to line my lips, coated it with Wet N Wild Sugarplum Fairy for a gorgeous purple colour and lightened the middle of the lips for a fuller, ombre look with Mac Viva Glam II.
So, there you have it! This is my NYE Makeup Look…
Complete List of Products Used and Prices
- Ardell Lashes Demi Wispies (£5.49 Superdrug Online)
- Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Porcelain (£19 bobbibrown.co.uk)
- Duo Striplash Adhesive (£4.99 Superdrug)
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation 6-golden beige (£36.50 http://www.armanibeauty.co.uk)
- L’oreal Infallible 24 Hour Matte Powder (£4.99 Boots)
- MAC Viva Glam II (£15.50 Debenhams)
- Maybelline Brow Satin Eyebrow Pencil Medium Brown (£5.99 Boots)
- No7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream (£13.50 Boots)
- No7 Beautiful Skin Radiance Exfoliator (£8.50 Boots)
- No7 Match Made Concealer Cool Vanilla (£7.50 Boots)
- Revolution Powder Blush Now (£1 Superdrug)
- Revolution Radiance Highlighter Palette (£8 Superdrug)
- Rimmel Glam Eyes Liquid Eyeliner (£5.29 Boots)
- The Balm Bahama Mama Bronzing Powder (£13 http://www.thebalm.com)
- Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette (£38 Debenhams)
- Urban Decay Naked Smoky Eyeshadow Palette (£38 Debenhams)
- Wet N Wild Sugarplum Fairy (£1.32 http://www.wetnwildbeauty.com/lips/lip-color/megalast-lip-color.html)
- Wet N Wild The Naked Truth Eyeshadow Palette (£2.95 http://www.wetnwildbeauty.com/eyes/shadow/color-icon-eye-shadow-palette.html)
- Yves Saint Laurent Anti-Cernes Multi-Action Concealer (£24 Boots)